I am making no food resolutions for 2012, except to experiment more in the kitchen. You don’t need a recipe to create something to satisfy those cravings and kickstart your day. Just a little bit of intuition and inspiration. This is one of those breakfasts, and is in fact my favorite way to enjoy the first meal of the day. Look at what you have to create something a bit more than the usual. This is my version of a simple breakfast sandwich, enjoy!
Poached Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of toast
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- dashes of curry powder and chili powder
- crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Bring a pot of water with one tablespoon of white vinegar to a boil.
- Using the rim of a glass as cookie cutter, cut two circles from each slice of toast. Toast until desired color.
- Once the water has boiled, lower the heat. Crack one egg into a small bowl and gently pour the egg into the simmering water. Allow to cook, untouched for four minutes or so until the egg whites are white. Gently scoop the egg out of the water, and repeat with the second egg.
- Before assembling, combine the yogurt with the spices until satisfied with the flavor.
- To assemble, spread some of the yogurt sauce onto two of the circles of toast. Top with one egg for each, tomatoes and crumbled feta. Top both with another circle of toast.
- Enjoy with some strawberries and a big glass of juice for a simple yet elegant morning wake-up.