Guess what guys?
It’s almost the first year anniversary of my website. Be sure to check back next week for a special birthday recipe. It’s not cake, but it sure is close. That’s all I’m going to say.
But I didn’t start blogging on my website, for a short time there I was using another popular blog site. Turned out I was hooked, and needed something more flexible for my taste. My first recipe ever, which is now a part of this website, was one for lavender lemonade with basil seeds. When my path crossed with another lavender lemonade recipe I knew I needed to try it and make a record of its success. This recipe comes from The First Mess, a blog you need to check out. Instead of just lavender, this recipe adds raspberries in to the mix. This adds taste, but makes the drink bright pink naturally. You will never add red food dye to lemonade ever again.
Raspberry Lavender Lemonade
[Recipe, The First Mess with slight word changes]
- 1/4 cup dried lavender buds
- 1 cup raspberries
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp simple syrup [quick tip: heat equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until dissolved]
- With 2 cups of water combine raspberries and lavender in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cover. Allow the sit for ten minutes.
- Combine the rest of the water, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher.
- After ten minutes, crush the raspberries with a spatula. Strain the mixture into the pitcher with a fine mesh sieve.
- Chill lemonade thoroughly and serve on ice to enjoy.